Kinesio and Sports Taping
- Flexible tape that is used to treat neuromuscular injuries
- Depending on how it is applied the tape has different effects.
- Pain relief - relieves pain felt by the skin and muscles by decreasing pressure on the free nerve endings and providing positional feedback to sensory receptors.
- Lymphatic drainage - raises the area between the skin and the muscles to enhance circulation and lymphatic drainage, thus decreasing swelling post injury.
- Postural Aid: The unilateral stretching properties of the tape can serve as a postural aid when applied with certain techniques.
Rigid Tape (Sports tape)
- Stabilises a joint and prevents excessive movement during activity